- Searching American Church Records (September 24, 2019) – Prior to records being maintained with a local city clerk, vital family records were kept in the family’s church parish. Births, baptisms, marriages and deaths are key clues in a building family story. In this we will learn the many family denominations in early America and how to locate them.
- Canadian Genealogical Research – Where to Start (October 1, 2019 – Learn about locating family records in Canada. Many families immigrated first to Canada and some became Americans first and then moved to Canada. Whether French or English speaking, some ancestor records might begin in Canada.
- Digital Records Preservation & Organization (October 8, 2019) – Records, records, we all have so many records! These records are clues and they verify family information. Whether searching at a local or distant genealogical research library, it is impossible to bring the file cabinet along, so it’s time to organize your records so you can find them now!
- Scandinavian Research and DNA (October 15, 2019) – We often receive requests for a Scandinavian class, so Kathy brings us her expertise along with her practical knowledge. this class will focus on basic research techniques while adding insight into DNA interpretation
- Updated Vital Records Researching (November 5, 2019) – Vital records are essential genealogical research information. More records are available online, but many more are not. In this class, we will bring 21st century searching clues for locating your ancestors.